Thursday, September 25, 2008

Raw is ----different!

On Day 2, I made Mock Tuna Salad from RAWvolutions for our dinner. It was not yummy! There is no nicer way to say it! It did taste better on Day 3, though. The girls and I decided maybe we should just eat the raw food and not make so many recipes. It is nice to try the recipes, though. I decided we needed a treat, so I made Fudge Balls from Living on Live Foods. Jenni said, "Well, this is the best raw food you have made." They were yummy. Jennifer Baker liked them. We all ate several.

Fudge Balls

2 cups dates (pitted and soaked)
2 cups almond butter (I think homemade peanut butter would be good, too and cheaper)
1/2 cup raw carob powder

In a food processor, blend the dates to a smooth paste. Add the remaining ingredients and process until blended and smooth. I had to use my hands for the last little bit of blending. Remove from the food processor and form into small round balls. They are yummy. I used medjool dates, which are large, moist and super sweet! I didn't soak them. By the way, I only made half of the recipe. I only had 1 cup of Almond Butter. I will try making my own Nut Butter next time. It is pretty expensive to buy it.

No comments: