Saturday, September 27, 2008

Putting in the work

Well, I started a new diet and exercise program last Monday (the 15th) . My friend, Jen has lost about 25-30 pounds recently so I asked her to share her plan with me. Her eating plan didn't necessarily fit in with me eating mostly vegan, so I modified it slightly. I'm doing a lot better with the whole vegan thing I don't eat dairy or eggs anymore, and I only rarely eat meat. I figure I'm about 90% vegan...I'm getting there :).

Anyway, I digress, I started this workout regime 12 days ago and even though it's been tough, I have really been putting in the hours and sticking to my plan. My body feels great and I have never in my life lost weight so quickly before (except when I did that horrible lemonade fast....yuck!!). So far I've dropped 11 pounds and this week I have a lot more energy than I have had recently. I feel that incorporating so many more fruits and veggies into my diet and working out regularly have really helped clear my head...and body, for that matter.

I'm really glad that so many of you are eating healthier and getting fit. I'm happy to hear that some of you are going raw. I hope to get to that point by next summer. It's really great to have the support. Keep up the awesome work!!!

No comments: