Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quinoa Salad

I was going through some recipes yesterday and came across one that I had forgotten. Every time I have made this my family loves it and eats it right up. I love the unique flavor of quinoa and it really makes this salad, so if you want to make this completely raw I'm sure you could use sprouted quinoa, though I've never tried it that way.

4-5 cups greens (I like green leaf lettuce and Romaine)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped dates
1/4 tomatoes, diced (I like Roma)
3-4 radishes, diced
1/4 cup cooked or sprouted quinoa
juice from 1 large orange

Combine first six ingredients in a bowl. Use the orange juice as a salad dressing. You may want to add a bit of honey to the orange juice if it isn't very sweet. This is good as a side dish or as a stand alone dish. It's also really pretty garnished with orange slices.

No comments: