Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Juicing

I've noticed that Candice has basically been keeping this blog going all by herself, so I decided to add a recipe :) I haven't been eating very healthily (is that a word?) since I've been pregnant, but I recently got over my morning sickness and decided to try out the juicer that my mom gave me for Christmas. The kids love helping me put the veggies in, so it makes it really fun. I tried this one tonight mainly because I have a HUGE bag of spinach that needs to get used up this week. It turned out really good and the kids ate it better when I called it a soup rather than a juice :)

SPINACH SOUP

6-7 handfuls of spinach
1 handful of parsley
1 med. clove of garlic
1 lemon (I left the peel on)
4 large carrots
4-5 large celery stalks

Put all ingredients through a juicer. Add a bit of Real Salt to the mix, stir well and enjoy! I didn't have any tomatoes, but I think with 2 or 3 added it would taste a lot like V8 juice.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Sounds good, minus the garlic. I'm trying to juice again, but it really hurts my stomach. The girls are asking for carrot juice quite a lot lately, so I think I'll juice some tonight. I hope you continue to feel better.