Friday, December 12, 2008

Discouragement

Well, I've decided that it's the yeast in cheese that makes it addictive.  The nacho cheese was good, but it seemed to stimulate a need to eat.  I couldn't stop.  So, I don't recommend using nutritional yeast, I'm pretty sure it's not that nutritious after all. 

Well, I got pretty discouraged this week.  I've been trying not to use any foods with preservatives or any chemicals, but I'm so stinking tired, that it gets really hard to not have any convenient foods.  When Brian came home from school the other day, I started crying, and didn't want to do it anymore,  so he bought me some all natural corn chips, and unsweetened shredded wheat to get me through the crisis.  I also used a can of prepared pizza sauce on my homemade crust. Unfortunately, there was blood in my urine the next morning, and I felt like my intestines would tear open any minute.   I guess the thing that gets frustrating is the perfection part of it: I eat one less desirable thing, and I'm in excruciating pain for hours, sometimes days, and it's very often accompanied by difficulty breathing and bleeding. So I just don't eat...sometimes...and then I throw up.   The upside is that I am learning to prepare completely natural meals for my family.  I know that will be a huge blessing to them.   Another blessing is that it seems like there's someone watching over me, whispering ideas in my ear, and helping me to not stay discouraged for too long.   I'm so grateful for that.

Anyway, those are my musings.  Good luck with healthy living.  
Merry Christmas.  

Candice

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sorry about the intestinal pain...You really are a motivator for me. I'm glad that you are coming up with so many good food ideas.